Waterfalls are majestic places. They are usually the backdrop of some amazing kiss on the Bachelor as one of the girls says “I could fall in love here.” If only we spent more time kissing our lover in front of waterfalls maybe life would be better than it is. Well, we have found a way for you to take your lover on a wonderful Niagara Falls Vacation that they’ll never forget. Check it out.
How to Get to Your Niagara Falls Vacation
This amazing waterfall is located right on the border between the US and Canada. Luckily we share this with them and didn’t lose the whole thing, because it is definitely a sight to be seen.
Taking a bus or train to Niagara Falls would be a nightmare! You’re obviously going to fly. You’ve got a couple of options:
Buffalo, New York (BUF) is the closest airport to the falls. It is serviced by all of the major airliners: American, Delta, United, US Airways, JetBlue, Southwest(soon), and a few other small airliners.
- It will take you 25,000 miles on Delta, United, and American to get to Buffalo, NY.
- If you’ve got the US Airways credit card then it will only take 20,000 of your US Air miles.
- With Southwest it will depend on where you’re coming from as far as calculating your Rapid Rewards requirements.
Toronto, Canada (YYZ) isn’t super close to the falls, but it is within two hours. You could easily make a little trip to both locations and add a little Canadian flair to your vacation.
- All of the big US Carriers will also charge you 25,000 miles for your trip to our northern neighbor.
- Keep in mind that the taxes are more expensive flying into Canada than they would be if you flew into Buffalo, NY. A quick estimation of taxes flying into Canada showed $86, vs only being charged $10 into Buffalo, NY.
- Toronto is a much larger airport, which means you have a better possibility of getting into here than Buffalo as they have many more flights.
Whether you fly into Buffalo or Toronto, you’ll still have to pay the baggage fees unless you’re sporting one of the American, Delta, or United cards that waive the baggage fees.
Where to Stay on Your Niagara Falls Vacation
Here are some amazing hotels that you can get for free with the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card. This is one of the many reasons that you need to get the SPG Amex card.
Four Points By Sheraton Niagara Falls– While this is still on the water, it isn’t waterfall front property, but it is close enough. They’ve got an indoor heated pool for the swimmers who don’t want to take a dip in the river.
In Toronto you’ve got two hotels to choose from. The Four Points By Sheraton Toronto Airport is right next to the airport for the ease of getting in and out. Releasing the tension of returning your rental car the night before and getting a good nights rest is always a relief, and it can save you one more day on your rental car if you do it that way. Their 24 hour shuttle will pick you up or drop you off for the ease of getting to the airport too.
The Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga is another option that isn’t too far from the airport either.
Basically you can score free nights at all three of these hotels while burning only 3-4k points per night. The SPG card comes with 10k with your first purchase and another 15k once you’ve spent $5000 within the first six months of becoming a cardmember. That gives you 25,000 Starpoints in total.
With your 25,000 you could stay two weekend nights and six weeknights at these hotels with one card. That gives you eight total nights that can be valued over $120 per night. That puts the total value of the SPG card bonus at $960 and would give you an incredible Niagara Falls Vacation. What are you waiting for? Wanderlust with us!