Barclaycard, which is a lesser known bank issues credit cards for the US Airways Mastercard, and they also issue the Virgin America Credit Card. This card is making its way to the table by upping its bonus. Currently the card offers these benefits:
- For a Limited Time Only: Earn up to 25,000 bonus points on qualifying transactions
- Enjoy 3 Points per $1 on Virgin America purchases
- Earn 1 Point per $1 spent everywhere else
- Low Intro rate on balance transfers for the first 15 months after account opening
- $150 off a companion ticket every year
- No blackout dates on any seat, at any time for reward flights
- Please see terms and conditions for complete details
20,000 of the points come from the first purchase and the extra 5,000 will come if you do a balance transfer within the first 30 days of having the card. Because I’m from Idaho, and our nearest servicing airport is Las Vegas, it appears as though I won’t be applying for this card anytime soon. The 25,000 miles will actually stretch pretty far. You can search if your city has a servicing airport and see where Virgin America flies by searching on their Elevate Redemption Award Chart.
This is a sample redemption from Virgin America from Las Vegas to Manchester, UK. I’m shocked at the amount that they charge for taxes and surcharges, so watch out for those when booking award tickets with this airline.
Also, keep in mind that Chase is asking us to remove the Marriott links early on Monday. They’ve done this before, so it is possible that they are just doing this to ramp up the offer, but you never know what will happen. The fact is that the offers can expire at any moment, so be aware that it might go away on Monday.