We’ve posted time and time again about this card. Here are a few great posts to review
- Using Credit Cards to Explore Europe
- First Time Using Starpoints
- Alpine Europe Starwood Review 1
- Winter Getaway with Starwood Preferred Guest
- Cruise Connection and Disneyland Base
In my opinion this is the most valuable offer for a hotel credit card that I’ve ever seen. The bonus is worth 10 nights at Category 2 hotels. With each night being valued at $150, this card will give you $1500 in value.
My Love for the Starwood Program
Because my wife and I were both able to hit the bonus last year I’ve definitely come to know this program. In the past year I’ve stayed for free at:
- Charleston, SC Aloft (2 Nights)
- Salt Lake City, UT Sheraton (2 Nights)
- Dallas, TX Element (1 Night)
- Dornbirn, Austria Four Points (1 Night)
- Bolzano, Italy Four Points (1 Night)
- Padova, Italy Sheraton (2 Nights)
- Milan, Italy Four Points (1 Night)
- South San Francisco, CA Four Points (3 Nights)
Yep, you’ve counted that right, thirteen nights for free in the last year. The best part is that we still have almost 60,000 Starpoints left over for future use. My only regret is not staying longer at most of the properties. You’ll see once your Starpoints account begins to grow with the bonus how exciting it can be.
The card is so useful to me that I even kept it and paid the annual fee this year. Basically for every $3000 I spend on the card I can get 3000 Starpoints. That many Starpoints is one free weekend night in a Category 2 hotel. I value that at $150. That’s almost 5% cash back for something that I love, travel!
How Many Starpoints Does Each Night Cost?
I’ve always found it best to use the lower level redemptions to make the points last as long as possible. Starwood has an abundance of Category 2 and 3 hotels all across the world. You can do a category search (Use the button in the upper right hand corner to change the category) to see where your Starpoints will take you.
Remember to Subscribe to our blog by putting your email address in the upper right hand corner of the blog so you never miss another deal.