The Southwest Airlines® Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card is being advertised as “two roundtrip flights” after you spend $1000 within three months. With such a low minimum spending requirement and such a high bonus value (more than $840 after you meet it), this is a great option for domestic flights. They’re right, this card will get you two RT flights, but it will do more than that – it will make it possible for you to do the kind of incredible multi-destination trip that you’ve always dreamed of. After all, if one destination is good, aren’t many much better?
Southwest’s reward points program works based on the actual cost of the flights – the best value is in using points to book “wanna get away” fares, where it will cost you 60 points per dollar. Most legs you can get for about 9,000 points at the right times, and sometimes even less than that. That’s why I like to think of this opportunity as 5 1/2 one-way flights… and because when you give me an inch I take a mile, why not lump all those into one amazing tour?
Now, on to the fun part. I am itching to map out one of these dream itineraries – all of which you could book with the 50k Rapid Reward Points. I just need our army of wanderlusters to provide some input as to which you’d really like to see. Take a look at these options and comment below to tell me where you wish to wander.
- A winter ski-slope circuit – taking in Salt Lake City, Denver, Lake Tahoe and Portland.
- A springtime mormon pioneer pilgrimige – Salt Lake City, the Nauvoo area, Kirtland Ohio, and Palmyra New York. (Pardon the particularity, but it tends to be one of our key demographics).
- A summer beach bonanza – Charleston South Carolina, Tampa, Jacksonville, and Baltimore.
- An autumn color escapade – Nashville, New Hampshire, Arkansas, and St. Louis.
You’ll want to look into getting this card if:
- You haven’t applied for another Chase card within the past 40 days (Chase tends to deny applications from individuals who have applied within the previous 30 days).
- You won’t have any problem meeting the $1000 spending requirement within 3 months.
- You like the idea of taking two bags free on each of these flights (Southwest is as generous as they come on this issue, representing a savings of as much as $60 per flight).
- You don’t mind paying the $69 annual fee.
Furthermore, this card is a great way to get about 45% of the way to the magic 110k qualifying points that will get you a companion pass – allowing your spouse or friend to travel for free on any flight you book.
This is not one of the links we get paid on when you use it to apply, but if this card and its benefits fit the bill for what you want to do, start making it happen sooner rather than later. Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card
Thank you for multi-destination wanderlusting with us.