The Chase Sapphire Preferredis one of the most lucrative bonuses offered by any credit card issuers right now. They are currently offering 40,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points after spending $3000 with the first three months of card membership.
About a month ago Chase issued a change saying that this offer was a “Limited Time Offer.” Many people have quoted saying that they think the bonus will be dropping to 40,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points in the near future.
Who really knows if they will be dropping the offer. I would still recommend that you pick up this card as your very first Wanderlusting card ever. This is why:
- 40,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards Points is worth $500 in airfare, or it could also be used as 40,000 United MileagePlus miles.
- This card waives foreign transaction fees. Most credit cards and debit cards for that matter charge you a 3% fee for all of your foreign purchases. Let’s assume that you spend $1000 bucks overseas, this puppy is going to save you $30 in transaction fees. That can really add up over time.
- The card looks freaking sweet and everyone will look at you like you’re the coolest guy they’ve ever seen.
- You earn 2 points per dollar on all dining, car rentals, hotels, and airfare.
- This card pays a 7% dividend each year on the spending that you have done in the prior year.
- You’ve just got to spend $1000 per month to meet the spending requirement.
When was the last time that someone told you that you could have $500 for simply spending what you already spend each month? If you and your spouse both were to get one then you could always take that dream vacation to Hawaii, take the kids to Disneyworld, or explore castles and balconies in Europe.
I’m a very cheap individual. There are many people who can vouch for this. I also love to travel. It just so happens that using credit cards with my 800+ credit score to get a few offers a year is totally doable and has saved me thousands in expenses. Since I’ve started about getting offers I’ve taken a few trips. Check them out:
Be careful to take good care of your credit. I haven’t applied for any credit cards for the last 8 months because I might be needing a mortgage. However, if you have a great credit score and won’t be needing any loans in the next year then GAME ON. Don’t wish your life away thinking that travel is only for the rich. Make it happen today and make a plan.
One of my friends called me the other day and asked if he could get a credit card and have his next trip covered by the points. I told him yes until I realized that he was going in one month. That doesn’t leave enough time. You need to build an arsenal now so that when the opportunity arrives, you are well equipped. I never knew when I would be using my Gold Points from the AMAZING Club Carlson offer last year, but it is going to save me $220 when I stay in Zurich next month.
“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one’s lifetime.”
― Mark Twain,