Youtube makes for some amazing pre-travel foreplay. In some cases, I peruse videos of destinations yet unknown and unplanned. In others, I use Youtube to get me through those long days in the weeks before a departure. There’s nothing like high-quality video footage to really start to give yourself a sense of what it will be like.
In this post, we’re sharing eight great Youtube travel videos. If these aren’t enough to get the wanderlust coursing through your veins, I’m not sure what is.
1. The Waterfalls of Dominica- No, not the Dominican Republic, though it, too, is a paradise, but Dominica… the seldom-stopped cruise port of the Caribbean. Apparently the cruise crowd feels like there’s not enough shopping in Dominica. Who cares when there are paradisiacal jungle waterfalls like these?
2. Hallstatt, Austria- If relaxation in supremely beautiful scenery is your thing, check this one out. My blood pressure went down by, like, half just watching it. Imagine what being there could do for you.
3. African Safari with the 1000fights.com couple- This slideshow compilation from the bloggers’ African safari will leave you wondering what they didn’t see. We all dream of African safaris, why not pretend you’re on one and take a look?
4. Camino de Santiago- Every good wanderluster should have a pilgrimage planned, and this is among the greatest. An ancient Catholic crusade for penance, this path stretches from France across Northern Spain -an epic journey. I’m set to do it in 2020 (please don’t tell my wife).
5. Palawan, Phillipines – All of us have moments in which we are ashamed of ourselves. As I watch this video, I’m ashamed that mine eyes have not seen the glory.
6. Cruising the Antarctic- People who’ve traveled the world over rave about Antarctica. There’s absolutely nothing else like it. Until space travel is commercialized, this is the last earthly frontier.
7. Neuschwanstein Castle – This is just a quick one, but it’s enough to get you going. If you like the idea of visiting this German masterpiece, check out our post on Exploiting Credit Card Rewards to Explore Europe.
8. Roatan, Honduras- This is indulgent. I’m guilty of adding this one purely for my own satisfaction because by the time most of you are seeing it, those will be my feet in the white sand. I posted earlier on how I booked a ticket to Honduras for $25 and 35,000 FF miles.
Thanks for wanderlusting with us.