Update: This offer has expired. Check our “Frequent Flier Miles Credit Cards for the latest deals.
Wow. This card is pretty tempting to me. I’ve never had a Bank of America credit card, but this Bank of America Alaska Airlines credit card looks pretty good. I think that it has great value to anyone. Let me explain to you why I think that this card is very attractive.
- 40,000 Alaska Airlines Miles upon approval. This means that they don’t have a minimum spending requirement. Finally
- $99 Companion ticket given annually. This ticket is special because it will cover anyone who wants to travel anywhere that Alaska flies, which includes Alaska (Obviously), Hawaii, and Mexico.
- 3 points per dollar are given for purchasing the flights with your card. (You would have to purchase one flight to use the companion ticket)
I think that this card also has a few downsides as well.
- $75 Annual Fee (due the first year too)
- Doesn’t cover any baggage fees on any flights.
- If you are approved for a lesser card because you’re credit isn’t as good or you aren’t eligible for the best card they will automatically set you up for one of their not-as-good cards.
- Rumors that Bank of America is pulling your credit history from more than one credit bureau.
Remember that you will also need some hotel points. Use the Hilton HHonors like we talked about yesterday or score yourself the same card that I have, the SPG American Express.
Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express